Volume 7, Number 1, March 2017
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Published online||03 March 2017|
- Manolagas SC, Jilka RL. Bone marrow, cytokines, and bone remodeling Emerging insights into the pathophysiology of osteoporosis. N Engl J Med. 1995; 332: 305–11. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Chen PC, Cheng HC, Yang SF, Lin CW, Tang CH. The CCN family proteins: modulators of bone development and novel targets in bone-associated tumors. Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014: 437096.
- Goltzman D. Discoveries, drugs and skeletal disorders. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2002; 1: 784–96. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wong SK, Chin KY, Suhaimi FH, Ahmad F, Ima-Nirwana S. The Relationship between Metabolic Syndrome and Osteoporosis: A Review. Nutrients. 2016; 8.
- Ducy P, Schinke T, Karsenty G. The osteoblast: a sophisticated fibroblast under central surveillance. Science. 2000; 289: 1501–4. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lane NE, Kelman A. A review of anabolic therapies for osteoporosis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2003; 5: 214–22. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wu JB, Fong YC, Tsai HY, Chen YF, Tsuzuki M, Tang CH. Naringin-induced bone morphogenetic protein-2 expression via PI3K, Akt, c-Fos/c-Jun and AP-1 pathway in osteoblasts. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008; 588: 333–41. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Fox J. Developments in parathyroid hormone and related peptides as bone-formation agents. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2002; 2: 338–44. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lindsay R, Krege JH, Marin F, Jin L, Stepan JJ. Teriparatide for osteoporosis: importance of the full course. Osteoporos Int. 2016; 27: 2395–410. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Rider CC, Mulloy B. Bone morphogenetic protein and growth differentiation factor cytokine families and their protein antagonists. Biochem J. 2010; 429: 1–12. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Thatcher JD. The TGF-beta signal transduction pathway. Sci Signal. 2010; 3: tr4. [PubMed]
- Hong CC, Yu PB. Applications of small molecule BMP inhibitors in physiology and disease. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2009; 20: 409–18. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Styrkarsdottir U, Cazier JB, Kong A, Rolfsson O, Larsen H, Bjarnadottir E, et al. Linkage of osteoporosis to chromosome 20p12 and association to BMP2. PLoS Biol. 2003; 1: E69. [CrossRef]
- Wu CM, Chen PC, Li TM, Fong YC, Tang CH. Si-Wu-tang extract stimulates bone formation through PI3K/Akt/NF-kappaB signaling pathways in osteoblasts. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013; 13: 277. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Li TM, Huang HC, Su CM, Ho TY, Wu CM, Chen WC, et al. Cistanche deserticola extract increases bone formation in osteoblasts. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2012; 64: 897–907. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Tsai CC, Chou YY, Chen YM, Tang YJ, Ho HC, Chen DY. Effect of the herbal drug guilu erxian jiao on muscle strength, articular pain, and disability in elderly men with knee osteoarthritis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014; 2014: 297458. [PubMed]
- Lee SC, Chang SJ, Tsai LY. Effects of traditional Chinese medicines on serum lipid profiles and homocysteine in the ovariectomized rats. Am J Chin Med. 2004; 32: 541–50. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Tang CH, Hsu CJ, Fong YC. The CCL5/CCR5 axis promotes interleukin-6 production in human synovial fibroblasts. Arthritis Rheum. 2010; 62: 3615–24. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Chien SY, Huang CY, Tsai CH, Wang SW, Lin YM, Tang CH. Interleukin-1beta induces fibroblast growth factor 2 expression and subsequently promotes endothelial progenitor cell angiogenesis in chondrocytes. Clin Sci (Lond). 2016; 130: 667–81. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Yang WH, Chang AC, Wang SW, Wang SJ, Chang YS, Chang TM, et al. Leptin promotes VEGF-C production and induces lymphangiogenesis by suppressing miR-27b in human chondrosarcoma cells. Sci Rep. 2016; 6: 28647. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Huang CY, Chang AC, Chen HT, Wang SW, Lo YS, Tang CH. Adiponectin promotes VEGF-C-dependent lymphangiogenesis by inhibiting miR-27b through a CaMKII/AMPK/p38 signaling pathway in human chondrosarcoma cells. Clin Sci (Lond). 2016; 130: 1523–33. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Tang CH, Hsu TL, Lin WW, Lai MZ, Yang RS, Hsieh SL, et al. Attenuation of bone mass and increase of osteoclast formation in decoy receptor 3 transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2007; 282: 2346–54. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Tang CH, Yang RS, Chien MY, Chen CC, Fu WM. Enhancement of bone morphogenetic protein-2 expression and bone formation by coumarin derivatives via p38 and ERK-dependent pathway in osteoblasts. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008; 579: 40–9. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Li H, Li T, Fan J, Fan L, Wang S, Weng X, et al. miR-216a rescues dexamethasone suppression of osteogenesis, promotes osteoblast differentiation and enhances bone formation, by regulating c-Cbl-mediated PI3K/AKT pathway. Cell Death Differ. 2015; 22: 193545.
- Su CM, Lee WL, Hsu CJ, Lu TT, Wang LH, Xu GH, et al. Adiponectin Induces Oncostatin M Expression in Osteoblasts through the PI3K/Akt Signaling Pathway. Int J Mol Sci. 2016; 17
- Chen HT, Tsou HK, Chang CH, Tang CH. Hepatocyte growth factor increases osteopontin expression in human osteoblasts through PI3K, Akt, c-Src, and AP-1 signaling pathway. PLoS One. 2012; 7: e38378. [CrossRef]
- Tan TW, Huang YL, Chang JT, Lin JJ, Fong YC, Kuo CC, et al. CCN3 increases BMP-4 expression and bone mineralization in osteoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2012; 227: 2531–41. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kageyama A, Matsui H, Ohta M, Sambuichi K, Kawano H, Notsu T, et al. Palmitic acid induces osteoblastic differentiation in vascular smooth muscle cells through ACSL3 and NF-kappaB, novel targets of eicosapentaenoic acid. PLoS One. 2013; 8: e68197. [CrossRef]
- Wang J, Guo J, Liu J, Wei L, Wu G. BMP-Functionalised Coatings to Promote Osteogenesis for Orthopaedic Implants. Int J Mol Sci. 2014; 15: 10150–68. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bandyopadhyay A, Yadav PS, Prashar P. BMP signaling in development and diseases: a pharmacological perspective. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013; 85: 857–64. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Chen CY, Su CM, Huang YL, Tsai CH, Fuh LJ, Tang CH. CCN1 induces oncostatin M production in osteoblasts via integrin-dependent signal pathways. PLoS One. 2014; 9: e106632. [CrossRef]
- Pramojanee SN, Phimphilai M, Chattipakorn N, Chattipakorn SC. Possible roles of insulin signaling in osteoblasts. Endocr Res. 2014; 39: 144–51. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Lai CH, Wu YW, Yeh SD, Lin YH, Tsai YH. Effects of 6-Hydroxy-flavone on Osteoblast Differentiation in MC3T3–E1 Cells. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014; 2014: 924560. [PubMed]
- Marie PJ. Signaling pathways affecting skeletal health. Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2012; 10: 190–8. [CrossRef]
- Hou CH, Hou SM, Tang CH. Ultrasound increased BMP-2 expression via PI3K, Akt, c-Fos/c-Jun, and AP-1 pathways in cultured osteoblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2009; 106: 7–15. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Yin MC. Development of natural antitumor agents. BioMedicine. 2013; 3: 105. [CrossRef]
- Su KP. Nutrition, psychoneuroimmunology and depression: the therapeutic implications of omega-3 fatty acids in interferon-alpha-induced depression. BioMedicine. 2015; 5: 21. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Yao HT, Yang YC, Chang CH, Yang HT, Yin MC. Protective effects of (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate against acetaminophen-induced liver injury in rats). BioMedicine. 2015; 5: 15. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Zhai YK, Guo X, Pan YL, Niu YB, Li CR, Wu XL, et al. A systematic review of the efficacy and pharmacological profile of Herba Epimedii in osteoporosis therapy. Pharmazie. 2013; 68: 713–22. [PubMed]
- Keiler AM, Zierau O, Kretzschmar G. Hop extracts and hop substances in treatment of menopausal complaints. Planta Med. 2013; 79: 576–9 [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.